State Rep. Wimmer proposes bill to deny Planned Parenthood funding | News
Rep. Carl Wimmer (R-Herriman) has announced plans to propose a bill that would deny funding toward Planned Parenthood.
Federal funding of the clinics had fallen under the microscope lately with several members of the GOP calling for the government to stop funding. It now appears that Wimmer is taking the battle to a state level.
Representative Wimmer says that the bill will redirect all state moneys away from Planned Parenthood. He plans to introduce the bill during next year's legislative session.
Upcoming Events near West Jordan
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public defender appointed for woman accused of killing six newborns
- Abandoned buildings targeted in series of suspected arson cases
- 2 injured, 1 in serious condition after crash on SR 68
- Condition of DNA leaves questions unanswered in case of 7 dead infants
- BYU signs defensive back who played for University of Nebraska