Salt Lake County mayor going to White House summit | News
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon is joining other county executives from around the country in a summit at the White House.
Corroon will be in Washington, D.C. Tuesday for the gathering of county leaders that is being organized by the White House and the County Executives Assocation.
The meeting will include members of President Barack Obama's staff. Topics will include a number of challenges facing counties, such as infrastructure maintenance, sustainable communities, health care reform and breaking the cycle of jail and poverty.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near West Jordan
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public defender appointed for woman accused of killing six newborns
- Abandoned buildings targeted in series of suspected arson cases
- 2 injured, 1 in serious condition after crash on SR 68
- Condition of DNA leaves questions unanswered in case of 7 dead infants
- BYU signs defensive back who played for University of Nebraska